• Hi, if you have stumbled across here, welcome to our test site. This site is a working replica of the main aawforum.org website where we test and evalute new features and software updates. While you can login and post here, push notifications and email notifications have been disabled and any and all content on this site will be delelted with no notice. So please feel free to look around at our pile of shavings while we continue to refine the AAW Forums but please do not post any real messages here as no one will see them. Thanks!
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Email images

Lately all of my emails from AAW have been text only. Does anyone know how to get them with the images? I hate having to click on every link to see the images. Thanks!

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
Website
pbase.com
Bennett, if you're referring to the emails from Phil McDonald, it is probably due to the email software that he is using. It looks like HTML is turned off and the messages are plain text. The AAW staff are all still working remotely from their homes so the advantages of working in a collaborative environment aren't quite what we normally experience.

Kim Rymer

Communications & Marketing Director
AAW Staff
Lately all of my emails from AAW have been text only. Does anyone know how to get them with the images? I hate having to click on every link to see the images. Thanks!

Hi Bennett:

I checked our email software and somewhere along the line your account email preference was changed to text only. I changed it back to html. From here, you should receive emails in full color/photos! If you do not, please let us know at 651-484-9094 direct, 877-595-9094 toll free U.S., or memberservices@woodturner.org.

Kind regards,
Kim

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
Website
pbase.com
Hi Bennett:

I checked our email software and somewhere along the line your account email preference was changed to text only. I changed it back to html. From here, you should receive emails in full color/photos! If you do not, please let us know at 651-484-9094 direct, 877-595-9094 toll free U.S., or memberservices@woodturner.org.

Kind regards,
Kim

He is not the only one. Both Emiliano and I only get text only emails. This started several weeks or maybe several months ago.

And me as well -- it's probably been a couple months now that the weekly AAW email turned into text only, with html links showing rather than links, and, of course, no pictures -- just the links. Yet other some other email I get from AAW is properly formatted. I guess I better contact AAW as well.

Kim Rymer

AAW Staff
And me as well -- it's probably been a couple months now that the weekly AAW email turned into text only, with html links showing rather than links, and, of course, no pictures -- just the links. Yet other some other email I get from AAW is properly formatted. I guess I better contact AAW as well.

I'm checking this problem out with our software provider. There seems to be something strange going on. I hope to get everything back in order again soon. Thanks for letting me know. Cheers, Kim

Kim Rymer

AAW Staff
Hello all:

If there are any other AAW members who are receiving plain text email messages from AAW (and did not elect plain text), please let me know at kim@woodturner.org. There appears to be a software problem that needs resolution. Thanks for your assistance and your patience.

Kind regards,
Kim