• Hi, if you have stumbled across here, welcome to our test site. This site is a working replica of the main aawforum.org website where we test and evalute new features and software updates. While you can login and post here, push notifications and email notifications have been disabled and any and all content on this site will be delelted with no notice. So please feel free to look around at our pile of shavings while we continue to refine the AAW Forums but please do not post any real messages here as no one will see them. Thanks!
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Popular instructors classes how to find?

I"m trying to take 1 or 2 major classes per year. 2019 I did the weekend with Ellsworth and I was looking for a class with Stuart Batty but I couldn't find like a listing of all his classes but I may be looking in the wrong places.

I can probably find something at John Campbell folk school but was curious other classes/ instructors? Ashley Harwood is booked up I'm not sure if Cindy Drozda is teaching in/person?

Thanks for any suggestions I"m just looking for some good options and if I can make a mini vacation out of it that's fine too :)

Pick a person you want to ask and email them direct. Most if not all have web pages with contact info.
Head to Vegas, Jimmy clewes teaches right from his house shop.
Thanks I wasn't sure if I was missing a listing somewhere but you make a good point. I usually worry I'm bothering folks so that's just me being reserved I think.

Thanks I wasn't sure if I was missing a listing somewhere but you make a good point. I usually worry I'm bothering folks so that's just me being reserved I think.
It is. Most of these people earn a large part of their living through teaching. If someone makes you feel as if you've inconvenienced them or are bothering them that's not someone you want to learn from.

hockenbery

AAW Advisor
Staff member
Beta Tester
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
just looking for some good options and if I can make a mini vacatio
the AAW journal usually has lots of studios class advertising

google. Nick Agar Woodturning classes
or Rudy Lopez, Trent Bosch, Jimmy Clewes ....

Vacation options
Rudy Lopez, Tampa a few miles down the road from me. Close to beaches, Disney world, best Bass fishing
Take class Right on the Hillsborough River
Trent Bosch - Ft Collins - close to the Rockies, Estes park
jimmyClewes - Las Vegas- not much to do there...

campbell and Arrowmont are well worth it. It is an immersive atmosphere. you stay and eat on campus and get lots of exposure to other artforms and crafts.

nick Agar - Georgia

Website
www.riccsdesigns.com
check out Rudy Lopez. I did a 4-day in his shop in 2019. Great guy and a great time. He even set me up me with meeting his wood guy. Got some great woods that are native to FL but not local to me here in Indiana.

Look into the Marc Adams School. They are doing in person and have had classes with Rudy Lopez, John Beaver, Andi Wolf, and Hans Weisflog (just off the top of my head).

I attended a class at Marc Adams last summer. Nick Agar taught as a substitute for Jimmy Clewes. Marc Adams has several different classes that I recommend looking into. Nick has a studio in Georgia and his website lists his schedule. Good guy

Well, if they had Star Trek Transporters, I would invite you out west here in Oregon.... I like play dates.

robo hippy