• Hi, if you have stumbled across here, welcome to our test site. This site is a working replica of the main aawforum.org website where we test and evalute new features and software updates. While you can login and post here, push notifications and email notifications have been disabled and any and all content on this site will be delelted with no notice. So please feel free to look around at our pile of shavings while we continue to refine the AAW Forums but please do not post any real messages here as no one will see them. Thanks!
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Powermatic safety cage

Website
goldmountainwoodworks.blogspot.com
I hated to throw the never used safety cage away to my Powermatic, feeling I could use it for something! So I cut the cage off the main bar, drilled holes in my dust hood and attached it with zip ties. It can be removed easily or changed easily to other attachments just by cutting the zip ties.

Attachments

• 7D3B2231-E184-4983-AA3C-649FAD8C430F.jpeg
    7D3B2231-E184-4983-AA3C-649FAD8C430F.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 18F93ACB-14BA-44C2-9C82-A8BE15594D24.jpeg
    18F93ACB-14BA-44C2-9C82-A8BE15594D24.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Randy Anderson

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Website
candrwoodworks.com
I mounted my dust hood (similar to yours but smaller) on the back side of the cage with tie wraps and then covered the cage with hardboard on sides and thick paper over steel bar cage. Serves two purposes now - safety cage and dust hood. I do have to check and make sure that the grating doesn't get clogged up with shavings when working with green wood. My cage doesn't come over to the front of the lathe. It stops just about where the front edge is about even with the top of the headstock box so can still work on bowls while it's in the closed position. Saying that, I suppose it would come all the way over if I pulled the pin out of the support arm again. Never tried. I have a Jet 1642.