• Hi, if you have stumbled across here, welcome to our test site. This site is a working replica of the main aawforum.org website where we test and evalute new features and software updates. While you can login and post here, push notifications and email notifications have been disabled and any and all content on this site will be delelted with no notice. So please feel free to look around at our pile of shavings while we continue to refine the AAW Forums but please do not post any real messages here as no one will see them. Thanks!
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

SuperNova 2

If anyone has a SuperNova 2, and/or a set of 130mm jaws they would consider parting with, please let me know.

Last edited:
The G3 jaws work on the Titan, but the big Titan jaws don’t work on the G3 or Supernova.

the anniversary edition of the Supernova does have direct 1 1/4x8 threads. That might be a way to go.

i just looked at my flier and their website. No mention.

I checked my flyer to confirm. Nothing to suggest itçs a local promotion.
Here is a pic of the flyer and ad.
20201120_0900361.jpg
20201120_0900461.jpg
Maybe you didn't get this flyer yet? If the sale starts Nov 23 maybe they don't put it on the website till then? I do know that Rockler has very responsive customer service, so you could give them a call.

I think I am doing a direct threaded Titan with 5” jaws. Good match for my 16” swing over.
The titan is a very hefty chunk of steel. It might be more than your lathe motor wants to spin. You can do nearly everything a 16" lathe will do with a Supernova. Coring would be one situation where the big chuck/big jaws might be helpful. I have a Titan and a 20" Powermatic, and use the big chuck mainly for 18" octagon blanks. (Using the smaller chuck helps me keep my bowl bottoms small, as I have a tendency to let them get too big)

Nice. I just looked around and there are several sites at the ~$200 price. That is a nice discount from where it was just a week ago. I might need to sell a few bowls and order one.