• Hi, if you have stumbled across here, welcome to our test site. This site is a working replica of the main aawforum.org website where we test and evalute new features and software updates. While you can login and post here, push notifications and email notifications have been disabled and any and all content on this site will be delelted with no notice. So please feel free to look around at our pile of shavings while we continue to refine the AAW Forums but please do not post any real messages here as no one will see them. Thanks!
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Teknatool Ornamental Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ornamental Turner

These don’t come along very often. I am the second owner of this, but never got around to setting up on my non-Nova lathe. I have cleaned and thoroughly inspected it to make sure that everything works as it should and that there are no missing parts. Both slides operate smoothly, everything that is supposed to move moves, everything that isn’t doesn’t.

Includes the side-cutting accessory that threads onto the spindle and optional cutter extension, the accruline alignment tool with ejector nut, and the deluxe two position tool post (with what look to be some non-Nova tooling additions thrown in as well).

It does not have the thread chaser and additional threaded bushings for cutting threads. You might be able to make (or have made) a 2mm thread chaser that would use the included 2mm bushing.

Apologies: 2 of the slide stops are not original, but they work just the same as the originals. One small area of the 2mm threading guide is broken (shown in photo). The thread is snapped off, not smashed or folded over and shouldn’t interfere with operation if you find/make the other parts of the threading attachment. Prior user painted dots on the indexing plate to correspond to various patterns, but would presumably clean off with the appropriate solvent. Some marks on posts from set screws being tightened in very tightly, and some surface discoloration, maybe even a spot of surface rust here or there. Plenty of photos are included and they are the final guide to condition. I’m happy to send more if you want a close-up of something.

Shipping: For anyone within range, I’ll meet part way within an hour of Burlington VT. This is heavy (probably 30-35 lbs once it is all boxed up) and a little bulky. Flat rate will be cheapest though may require partial disassembly and/or multiple boxes. I’ll work with you to figure out cheapest method that works best for you, but buyer will pay the shipping.

$650 plus shipping

Limited to 8 photos, more are available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmTieFho

IMG_4866.jpeg IMG_4869.jpeg IMG_4868.jpeg IMG_4867.jpeg IMG_4870.jpeg IMG_4873.jpeg IMG_4874.jpeg IMG_4877.jpeg

Sale pending. John, I'll keep you in line if it falls through. There are some old videos from Terknatool on youtube of them demonstrating it - search for "Nova OT".

Status
Not open for further replies.