• Hi, if you have stumbled across here, welcome to our test site. This site is a working replica of the main aawforum.org website where we test and evalute new features and software updates. While you can login and post here, push notifications and email notifications have been disabled and any and all content on this site will be delelted with no notice. So please feel free to look around at our pile of shavings while we continue to refine the AAW Forums but please do not post any real messages here as no one will see them. Thanks!
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Today was the Day.

Looks nicely made. If I recall correctly this lathe uses a servo motor which I suspect would be easy enough to find a replacement if needed. What else sold you on this one over the others?

Karl, My stream has always ran a different route than the mainstream, so the servo motor will be an adventure. The main features wanted were a swivel head, table mount, quality tool rest and 14”/16”x24” capacity. As I don’t turn a lot, the budget was also a consideration and...it was On Sale!

Looks like a very capable unit. The controls are in a novel position, so I'd be interested in hearing from you on how that works out. Personally, I would change the live center to a Oneway/Nova style with cup center and threads rather than the small cone shown.

Looks like a very capable unit. The controls are in a novel position, so I'd be interested in hearing from you on how that works out. Personally, I would change the live center to a Oneway/Nova style with cup center and threads rather than the small cone shown.

One of the “adjustments” was losing the remote lanyard control box. Time and use will tell.

I don’t know if the controls are in a novel position or not. My Laguna had them in the same position so I guess I am used to that.

I normally turn my bowls at 22.5 or 45 degrees. I haven’t found a need (yet) to rotate all the way to 90.

Only lathe found that had all the features, on my list, isn’t available to the American market. It’s listed on EBAY, but states it won’t ship to USA, the USA authorized parts dealer said no and the Axminster home office referred me to their exclusive partner in Australia...Axminster AT406WL a.k.a. AT1628VS.

Jon, my understanding is Harvey has made lathes over the years for several companies, green ones, white ones and some for the gold standard. Bound to be some carry-over on features.

Received an email offer this morning for 25% off that Oneway live center set and as I needed a new chuck to fit the lathe...what the heck!!